Peter Rabbit Movie Activities for Children
Thursday 15th March 2018
With the new Peter Rabbit film release fast approaching we have gone slightly Peter Rabbit mad here at Weekend Box. So it's time to hop over and make these themed activities to celebrate the update of Beatrix Potter's classic creation.
Peter Rabbit Masks
We have collated a couple of rabbit mask ideas here, so try whichever one that you would like. These simple ideas use things that everyone has around the house - perfect!
- Draw around a template of a rabbit's head. Around 2cm from the edge of the pen line, draw a second line. You can then start to cut out the centre of the head for the space which you will put your head through. Have fun colouring in or painting the rest of your card and then you’re ready to hop away looking just like Peter Rabbit!
- Our second bunny mask just involves drawing a really cute bunny onto some card! Stick a lollipop stick to the bottom of the mask and hold it up to your face.
Peter Rabbit Bunny Hat
Here at Weekend Box Club this is our favourite Peter Rabbit activity! This hat is so simple and only takes about 15 minutes. All you will need is a paper plate, colouring pencils and scissors.
- Draw some bunny ears from the bottom middle of the plate. Draw the bunny ears facing upwards.
- Now cut the shape of the ears out. Remember not to cut all the way round to make sure the bottom of the ears are still attached to the plate!
- Once the ears are cut out, push them forward so they're in an upright position.
- Now cut around the inner edge of the ridged part of the paper plate, this will create a hole in the middle of the plate.
- You can now decorate your bunny hat to your heart's content!
This cute carrot garland is really easy and makes a fab Easter decoration. All you need is orange and green paper, a stapler and some string.
You will need:
- Cut 2 strips of orange paper, and one of green.
- Staple the base of the 2 orange strips together and fold the top ends inwards. Fold your green strip as shown in the picture.
- Staple the green carrot top to the orange carrot!
- Attach your carrots to some string and you're done!
We hope you enjoy watching the film and making some crafts to go alongside it. Have a great week!